Team up with ExCEL and get moving on your daily fitness goals. Walk, jump, and run your way to 30/60 minutes of physical activity each day. Join us at the park, in the studio, on the ice, at the gym, in the pool, and more as we move all year long.
Exercise projects and activities combine the efforts of participating families, fitness facilities, institutions, and community organizations to deliver a comprehensive program that incorporates physical activity, health education, community service, and outreach. Members are encouraged to participate in a variety of activities to meet daily fitness goals; try a variety of healthy foods; acquire and apply knowledge about health and the human body; and share health information in their communities. Exercise supports the Let's Move! initiative as well as the President's Challenge Program.
- Walking, Hiking | Fitness - September
- Stretching, Yoga, Pilates | Fruit & Veggies More Matters, P.A.C.K., Whole Grains - September
- Aerobics, Calisthenics, Circuit Training, Running | Skeletal and Muscular Systems, Orthodontic Health - October
- Dance, Gymnastics, Trampoline | Integumentary System - November
- Winter Sports and Activities, Household Tasks | Germs, Lymphatic System - December
- Martial Arts, Jump Rope | Endocrine System - January
- Jump Rope, Cardio Machines, Cycling | Heart and Circulatory System, Dental Health- February
- Have a Ball | Respiratory System, Digestive and Excretory Systems, Nutrition - March
- Have a Ball | Alcohol, Tobacco and Drug Awareness, Brain and Nervous System - April
- Water Sports | Water Safety, "Don't Fry Day," Physical Fitness and Sports Month - May
- Glide and Ride: Roller Skating, Inline Skating, Horseback Riding | Safety - June
- Aim and Climb: Archery, Billiards, Darts, Rock Climbing | UV Safety - July
Projects will be featured according to the schedule above. Join us online and around town and move all year long.